Friday 17 April 2015

One new habit to make you happier!

We all know it takes 28 to create a new habit.

But did you know that there is one new habit that you can start that will help you be a happier person? Studies have been done that prove that your Mum was right! You should be making your bed every morning.  Not only is your bed one of the biggest pieces of furniture in the house, whether you 'make' it every morning or not also impacts on your well being.

Tomorrow morning,  as soon as your feet hit the floor begin making your bed.  To get some excitement for this boring task change your sheets. Or better still, go shopping and deck out the place you spend 30% of your life with new sheets, pillows, doona (comforter/blanket) and matching throw cushions to give you the inspiration you need to tuck in your bed clothes (sheets/blanket) every morning.

There are even some wonderful YouTube clips by organised ladies like Alejandra and CleanMySpace who will make making your bed look like a really fun task. Well they did for me! Plus, they will teach you the best way to make your bed so it's an easy task.

To be honest I have created the habit of making my bed and it is now second nature. I make my bed easily every day because it is a habit I have built into my life. And, yes, my life is happier because making my bed kick starts my day.  It catapults me into the rest of my morning routine which in turn keeps my life from becoming chaotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment