Thursday 30 April 2015

Feedback from the people who need it!

I love my job as a Professional Organiser!  I love going in and working with the stuff that is irritating people!

For some people the most annoying place in their home is the chaos in their garage. This seems like such a huge, almost impossible, area to conquer.  It's a place where indecision abides. The garage is the place for those items that most people still have an attachment to but just can't bring themself to rid from their life.

The last garage I cleaned out was full!! Today, it holds the useful items that the family uses regularly.  Things a garage should hold. There are bikes and scooters. And four crates. Two hold Christmas items.  Another holds family photos and the last one is a Keepsake Box where sentimental items such as kids artwork,  Wedding cards, baby books and the like arekkept and annually looked at, appreciated and culled. And it only took 6 hours to clean out.  And the impact on the lady's life has been profound.

Yesterday I cleaned out a two door wardrobe.  It held clothes for one person plus an easel, gym weights, guitar and kids toys. I enjoyed spending my morning sorys through clothes and shoes and accessories. I removed the items that didn't belong and stored them elsewhere. I took out the tops, singlets, leggings, dresses, skirts and Pjs and laid them on the bed. The next two hours I spend sorting and replacing the said items. I used colour (this is how we spell it in Australia!) coded coat hangers and hung up the jumpers, jackets and other tops. I put the Winter scraves on hangers at one end. And the skirts and the beautiful dresses were hung at the other end.

Along the way I rolled up the singlets, leggings, pyjamas, light weight scarves, underwear, socks and shorts and placed them in cute, colourful containers at the top of the shelf above the hanging space. The hairdryer even got it's own pink material container.

Later that evening after I put my daughter to bed I glanced at my phone and was very excited to read this comment from the petson whose wardrobe I had transformed :

"You did an awesome job on my wardrobe today! You made me really happy. Thanl you so much. " Julia Frankson

My heart lept for joy. I was so happy that doing a task that I find so simple,  and very enjoyable - I love the 'after' result as it fills me with satisfaction - could impact someone else in such a positive way.  It made my day and my job worth while.




No comments:

Post a Comment