Saturday 2 May 2015

You won't miss your stuff!

Life will rapidly change as your cull excess stuff from your life. It's rare that you will miss your stuff.  After you have let it go from your life you may think about certain items you gave but you probably won't miss them.

The hardest thing for me to part with are baby clothes. My three children are so precious to me and their first year of life has been so wonderful.  Because I love my children so much it makes my attachment to their baby clothes quite strong

My first child's clothes I kept until she was five. And my son's clothes I parted with at four years old because a nephew was being born which made it much easier.  For my third child I parted with her cloth nappies (diapers) first.  I enjoyed feeling like a 'real Mum' by washing nappies this time. But I figure that if I do have a fourth child I won't have time to wash cloth nappies.  Right now I am doing 2-3 loads of washing so I can't see myself washing cloth nappies too.

Once I parted with the nappies I realized that the baby phase was well over. I am about to turn 39 and may not have anymore children.  And if I do what are the chances of giving birth to another girl? Only 50/50! From experience I know when you have a baby you are blessed with lots of brand new baby clothes. Plus,  I had ten people give me preloved clothes for my third child.  So, why do I need to keep these baby clothes?  I had many more reasons than memories to send them to a new home than to store them 'just incase' one day I might have another daughter.

Memories are best kept in our heart than cluttering up our homes with objects to remember them. Objects only hold us back from living in the now. To live a better now also means a brighter future.

No comments:

Post a Comment